"Rainbow Lyner" Recumbent. Full suspension. Many desirable extras.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I'm about to put the Lyner on ebay (starts Thurs, to finish a week on Sunday.) Just seeing if there's any interest on here first though, if someone would like to make an offer? Cheers, Carl.
Rainbow Lyner XT Recumbent bike
Previously purchased in 2005 new for £2182 - bespoke specification.
Excellent condition.
Very little use.
Suitable for high speed commuting or touring.

I bought this bike at the beginning of the year intending to use it mainly on the turbo trainer, and occasionally for commuting to work. However I also have a recumbent trike, and as I commute 25 miles per day, I just don't use it on the trainer (which is also for sale on ebay.) The last picture shows the bike on the trainer (not included in sale, nor are the panniers.)

From the little mileage I've put on this bike, I've found that it is a really comfortable ride. The under-seat steering gives the best recumbent experience, and attaining and holding high speeds is a pleasure. The full suspension gives a better ride than an all out racing recumbent, and the highish seating position gives a more commanding view of the road than a low racer style machine (and is a lot easier to balance). The Lyner comes fitted with the excellent Shimano M5 Bar end shifters, very accurate, very smooth and far easier to use than twist grip shifters.
Specification.
Shimano XT throughout
Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes
Shimano M5 Bar End Shifters.
Front suspension MEKS carbon fibre
Adjustable Rear suspension
Adjustable seat angle
Quick release wheels
XT hubs
Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres (highly puncture resistant-less than 50 miles covered on them.)
Front hub dynamo and light
Under seat steering
Pannier rack on rear
Black Mudguards
Sidestand
Rack mounted rear light with 'auto-on' setting (runs on 2xAA batteries, not from dynamo)
Neck rest (Not shown in pics. This is not an 'official' headrest. It is an Ice recumbent headrest, with Ice fittings, fully adjustable, and works perfectly, I'm just pointing out that it is not a 'Lyner' headrest.)

Rainbow recumbents are a range of bikes made in North Eastern Holland
for more details see website: http://www.rainbowligfietsen.nl/page/202/ligfietsen.html
Payment by Paypal or cash on collection.
Collection only from Doncaster (DN5), due to size/length. A largish car will be required, though with wheels removed it is much more manageable. I would be prepared to deliver within a 20 mile radius of Doncaster for the price of petrol, if collection would prove impossible. Viewing is welcome, in fact I would encourage a viewing, as this bike really is in superb condition. I've tried to show as many pics as possible. The scratch on the right hand brake lever being the only obvious scratch mark (as shown in picture.)
Dimensions
length (with wheels fitted) 200cm
height 125cm
width 48cm

Any questions whatsoever, please feel free to ask. This is the 5th recumbent I've owned, but rest assured, I had many questions before I took the plunge and bought my first one! This would make an ideal first recumbent, or a solid commuter/tourer. With all the extras fitted from new, this machine originally cost £2182 (original receipt-last picture) and to buy today would be much more than that. Cash on collection accepted or Paypal. Happy bidding.

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Carl.

a.jpg a (2).jpg a (4).JPG a (3).jpg a (6).JPG a (7).JPG a (8).JPG a (5).jpg a (9).JPG a (10).JPG
a12_zps8fc79638.jpg

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
how much or have missed the price ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
How tall you, assume boom can adjust to suit a 6' 2" pilot?

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
So tempted, but I think my wife would divorce me if I bought another new bike.

Divorce? I've always pointed out to the Missus that when you buy a 2nd hand 'bent (as long as you look after it) you won't lose out when it comes to selling. I lost far more on my new £300 Specialized Allez than I've lost on my other 4 'bents put together when I've come to selling them.

Top Bottom