Raising funds for Beating Bowel Cancer, please help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I am riding the London 100 for Beating Bowel Cancer in August. I am not your typical 100 mile sportive cyclist. When I started in October I was 23 st. Through the winter I have ridden 1,600 miles and lost 2 stone.

With 16 weeks to go I am increasing my training, taking in more hills and will need to build up the weekend miles. This is a huge challenge for me but it is in a superb cause. My father is a bowel cancer survivor and if my efforts can help support others with this disease it will be worth it. It will also change my life.

If you can help by sponsoring me, however much you can afford, I will be grateful. Here is a link to my just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/Phil-Lewis-London100

Thanks for reading this post.

Phil

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Thanks to Banjo, Coffeejo and Poacher for your support. :smile:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
My brother died of bowel cancer 20 years ago. I was forcefully reminded of this a couple of months ago when a smear kit arrived in the post; not a particularly pleasant procedure, but far preferable to a late diagnosis. Please give Phil some encouragement and help him achieve his target.

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Many thanks to Maz, theloafer, Paul Kelly, Brandane and Leaway2 for your donations. Just about to go out for a ride after a long day at work. It makes it much easier knowing that you are supporting my efforts.

:smile:

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
That was a great 15 miles especially with this view 3 miles from my front door
image.jpg

Your support and the Brecon Beacons are a great motivator. Lots of hills though.

OP
OP
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Carlp - thanks for the donation. Good luck to you and Jane on the ride.

Top Bottom