Raleigh Acer - worth saving?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevenapp

Hi. Just got this bike of someone. I was wondering if it is worthwhile cleaning up. Or is it not worth anything. It a 18-23. Thanks for any help.

20210110_101125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It depends if it fits you i'd do it oh and BTW I think it's a Pacer that someone has rubbed the P off.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it's serviceable and ready to ride it has a worth, maybe not great. It's a small frame size so would limit it's appeal. Originally made for the yoof market. These days any bike that is usable is worth money.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I think it’s a Raleigh ‘Racer’. If I’m not mistaken these may have been Kids size bikes with smaller wheels, what is printed on the sidewall of the tyre?
Not sure it’s worth saving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stevenapp

Thanks everyone. Just thought it might of been a little project. Everything is working ok on it but needs a good clean.

Drago

Legendary Member
Early 80's, £69.99 new in Halfords. It was 'Racer', and the R was shaded in red to make it look really fast.

But then old bikes are rare "worth" the financial outlay required in restpring or recommissioning them. We do it for satisfaction of doing so, and to prevent more crap going into landfillm and the unnecessary manufacture of yet another bicycle to replace it.

Top Bottom