Raleigh Atlanta 18 speed gents bike , any information!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pioneer

Regular
Hi to all,
I am new here so go easy on me if I posted this in the wrong place.
Mode Note: I moved it to the vintage section - welcome to CC @Pioneer.
Question :
Anyone know anything about the Raleigh Atlanta 18 speed gents bike. I picked this up today and it’s supposed to be a “ mountain bike “ by Raleigh, j would say 90’s but it has alloy wheels and solid frame and forks, steel.
crazy handle bars , flag with turned up ends. Doesn’t look right for a mountain bike but I have seen 2 others ( photos of on the net) bug killer information.
does anyone know of the Atlanta gents 18 speed Raleigh made in Nottingham, any information would be great.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
One like this.

1596530587793.png

with built in 'barends'

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Typical nineties Raleigh mountain bike. I think the bar end integrated are original and an unusual feature. After a tidy up and service should give a good few more years service. Enjoy.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Typical nineties Raleigh mountain bike. I think the bar end integrated are original and an unusual feature. After a tidy up and service should give a good few more years service. Enjoy.
I'm not so keen on them, they make getting 'grips' on a pain unless you go for the long sponge ones that some bikes had on 'drops' too.

OP
OP
P

Pioneer

Regular
Thanks for your reply,
I am getting new tyres for it this afternoon and give it a full service. Thinking of putting full mudguards and carrier on it with 26” x 38 hybrid tyres as it won’t be used as a mountain bike just on road ( country roads ) .

OP
OP
P

Pioneer

Regular
I'm not so keen on them, they make getting 'grips' on a pain unless you go for the long sponge ones that some bikes had on 'drops' too.
Thanks for your reply, the grips on this one are perfect as is the paint work, unused In years and stored in a persons shed, new tyres needed as old ones are cracked ( still holding air, but rubber cracked, do I will replace them both this evening.

ssjenkins

Hi All .

I've just taken my "ATLANTA" out of the shed and I'm in the process of getting it back up and running . Does anyone know what size seat post this bike uses ? I emailed Raleigh , but they don't have any pre 2002 info . I don't have the tool/s to check it either . It "looks" 25.4 , but I was just wondering if any actually knew the correct size before I order one . Thx in advance .

Sammy

Top Bottom