Raleigh Chopper Yellow Fizz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
"With all brakes and gears working as they did 49 years ago..."

IE, very badly!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
So so dangerous. I had some epic crashes on my brothers red one. My brother was in the loft of my parents house yesterday - I was hoping he would find his Chopper up there, but he "only" found his Dawes Galaxy apparently, followed by a "they are too bl**dy dangerous. I have a suspicion the Chopper was there, but he doesn't want me on it, aged 54!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Me too, except mine was very scuffed and often had bits of cardboard taped to the chainstay for motorbike noises.
You obviously hadn’t yet discovered the easy fit clothes peg mod. :laugh:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I had a Mark 1 with the straight dropouts, which my dad rescued from the tip and hand painted in a powder blue metallic.

The thread had gone on the bolt in the handlebar stem, so I could pull the bars down and cruise in "Easy Rider" mode.

Well, I could cruise if some bastard hadn't stolen my gear chain, which would happen a lot.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I had a Mark 1 with the straight dropouts, which my dad rescued from the tip and hand painted in a powder blue metallic.

The thread had gone on the bolt in the handlebar stem, so I could pull the bars down and cruise in "Easy Rider" mode.

Well, I could cruise if some bastard hadn't stolen my gear chain, which would happen a lot.

I got mine on Christmas day and by Boxing day the chain was gone.

I rode it like that for three years (and in the Welsh valleys too) before I acutally replaced the chain.

After that, I had legs like Garth and could wheelie up a wall :laugh:

Dadam

I got mine on Christmas day and by Boxing day the chain was gone.

I rode it like that for three years (and in the Welsh valleys too) before I acutally replaced the chain.

After that, I had legs like Garth and could wheelie up a wall :laugh:

Wonder if that's what happened to mine. I had a blue one, it was probably 3rd or 4th hand. I remember the gear change broke and for some reason my Dad and/or the shop couldn't fix the gear change keeping the existing lever so I ended up with a 3 speed SA trigger shifter on the bar.

Top Bottom