Raleigh Corsa 12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tebb1t

Hello,

This is my first post and thanks for having me. I bought this 1985 Raleigh Corsa, however one thing puzzles me is the screw adjusters which I didn’t think were on the Corsa. Anyone any ideas?

Attachments

• ECAFCF32-1B54-4BD7-B3A8-160B399878BB.jpeg
    ECAFCF32-1B54-4BD7-B3A8-160B399878BB.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 80DE9E8C-68B9-4A29-AEA5-39817C8CC9D4.jpeg
    80DE9E8C-68B9-4A29-AEA5-39817C8CC9D4.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 68

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome @Tebb1t
When you say 'screw adjusters' do you mean the quick release levers to take the wheels off?
The wheels are probably not the originals, and have been replaced at some point with these.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think he might mean the set screws in the rear dropouts? Maybe it’s a 531 frame? Does seem unusual on a ‘cooker’.

Hello and :welcome: to the forum. Nice project you’ve got yourself there.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's in 'Team Panasonic' colours, I think they were a Dutch team that Raleigh sponsored and supplied bikes for so not as sought after as the works Ti Raleigh bikes.
I wonder what letter @Tebb1t 's bikes frame no. starts with.

OP
OP
T

Tebb1t

I was thinking that it could be a better bike when looking at the auction photos before I bid. The frame has a 501 badge but what threw me is the adjustment stops which weren’t standard on a Corsa. I checked the frame number which starts with a W, so it’s a lightweight factory built bike.
The lot that went before it was a Record Sprint which went for more, probably about £80 after fees. I got the Corsa for less than £60, which is a bit of a bargain.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I was thinking that it could be a better bike when looking at the auction photos before I bid. The frame has a 501 badge but what threw me is the adjustment stops which weren’t standard on a Corsa. I checked the frame number which starts with a W, so it’s a lightweight factory built bike.
The lot that went before it was a Record Sprint which went for more, probably about £80 after fees. I got the Corsa for less than £60, which is a bit of a bargain.
So it's a Worksop 'hand built' in Reynolds 501, cool bike :becool:

OP
OP
T

Tebb1t

It should look really nice once it's had a good clean .
I’ve ordered a period 105 front changer, and a Rolls saddle for it. New chain and rubber with replacement cables. A clean and then I’ll test ride it. I think I will replace the none standard rear mech (600 Shimano) and leave it at that.

Top Bottom