Raleigh Fork Thimble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonee62

Hi, I'm looking for a fork thimble for my Raleigh DL1, anybody have any idea where I can get hold of one.

Thanks

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
I've seen plenty of new forks with thimbles sold in India so someone must be making them but having a quick look on the net isn't showing anything.

If someone has family or friends over there they may be able to get just the thimbles.

Failing that it's fleabay and that might get costly. Are the original ones shot?

Sorry I can't help anymore

OP
OP
Tonee62

Tonee62

The original thimble was stolen when I left it ouside M&S one day, that was quite a few years ago. I've recently been restoring the bike and the thimble is one of the parts I still need.
I did have a look on ebay last night, saw somebody selling a pair of thimbles from a Chopper....looked a funny colour though.

compo

Veteran
We are never too old to learn new things. I had never heard of a "fork thimble" so it took a Google search to satisfy my curiosity. Now I know!

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
I may have to go for the Chopper thimble, seem pricey though for what they are. Are you familiar with Flying Pigeon parts,
I've been on their website which stocks thimbles. just wondering if it would fit a Raleigh fork.
http://flyingpigeon.co.uk/products/parts

This is the problem these days, the essential little part that sets off a restoration or refurb are the bits that can cost the most, annoying I know.

Measure the thimble you still have and contact the site and ask for exact dims...

raindog

er.....
I still don't!
nor me
google it is, then

Top Bottom