Raleigh Frame Identification Help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Green Bike

Hi I have recently built a bike but I had it resprayed before checking for id. All i have to go by is the Raleigh stamp on the rear seat stays and the through top post cabling. Just wondering if anyone could tell me the era/model just from this. Is there anyway i can upload a picture to a thread? Sorry new to the site. Many thanks

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I think you have to a do a few more posts before you can up load a photo to the site. Alternatively you can upload a photo to google or photbucket and post a link here. Or check out retro bike.co.uk.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not really an expert on Raleigh and it looks like some of components are much later but I think it may be mid to late eighties. I am sure someone will be along soon to give you a more definitive answer regards model.

Tyke

Could be a Raleigh Persuit from early to mid 80`s if it is it was probably Black before you painted it but I think it also came in other colours.

OP
OP
Tom Green Bike

Tom Green Bike

Thanks a lot guys. The components are all newer. I put them on. Didn't want to make it exactly the same as you can tell by the colour choice. Use it a hell of a lot. Will check out the Pursuit. Thanks so much for all your help

OP
OP
Tom Green Bike

Tom Green Bike

Just had a look at the pursuit and it doesn't look the same. I just can't seem to find an image of a raleigh with the through tube cabling. Frustrating haha!

OP
OP
Tom Green Bike

Tom Green Bike

Thats the issue, it has been sprayed over.

Top Bottom