Raleigh frame numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mogie

Mogie

I can't see any signs of chrome on the forks but I haven't chipped the paint off. I'd like to get the original decals if there available. As for the colour I'll strip it in the summer and make make my mind up then. Thanks for everyone's help. Can I say it's a falcon?

southcoast

Über Member
I can't see any signs of chrome on the forks but I haven't chipped the paint off. I'd like to get the original decals if there available. As for the colour I'll strip it in the summer and make make my mind up then. Thanks for everyone's help. Can I say it's a falcon?

Yep to what Midlife said. Also seems to be a 286 due to spec and fork (although I would expect that to be chromed).
The information you need is in the brochure. Measure the bike centre of crank to very top of seat post. The 86 and 286 had different dimensions to other Falcons.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mogie

Mogie

Yep to what Midlife said. Also seems to be a 286 due to spec and fork (although I would expect that to be chromed).
The information you need is in the brochure. Measure the bike centre of crank to very top of seat post. The 86 and 286 had different dimensions to other Falcons.
I've just measured the set post from centre of the crank to the top. It measured 23 1/4 inchs

Top Bottom