Raleigh Industries Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

airborneal

I've come across a vintage pump. It has R I on it and a picture of Raleigh. Someone has told me it is old and Raleigh Industries, just wondering if anyone know of age and any other details. Thanks

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Pic would be good

OP
OP
airborneal

airborneal

I've only just joined today, not sure if I can upload one yet, I will try though

Attachments

• DSCI9330.JPG
    DSCI9330.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCI9331.JPG
    DSCI9331.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCI9335.JPG
    DSCI9335.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 69

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've only just joined today, not sure if I can upload one yet, I will try though
Looks like the free pump that came with certain 'gentlemens' models (the ones with full chaincase, mudguards etc) may be of some value if you know someone who is restoring one of those to 'original spec' but as a tyre pump they're useless.

OP
OP
airborneal

airborneal

Result, I'd bet money it's someone doing a resto job on an old roadster though. :becool:
Yes raleighnut I'm sure your right but that's why I was asking for any info. I thought it may be rare and possibly worth [a little] bit. It's like a lot of things that are worth a little bit [antiques, collectables etc] they're not bought to use. After the auction I will ask the buyer what they intend to use it for. Shame I couldn't find a few more at a car boot lol Cheers

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yes raleighnut I'm sure your right but that's why I was asking for any info. I thought it may be rare and possibly worth [a little] bit. It's like a lot of things that are worth a little bit [antiques, collectables etc] they're not bought to use. After the auction I will ask the buyer what they intend to use it for. Shame I couldn't find a few more at a car boot lol Cheers
Quite a lot of restored bikes are ridden, not as daily commuters but they're not all used 'just for show'.

daysnways

all you need now is a bush with some of these on......press them in the valve attachment end, hold in place with thumb, press in handle,.release thumb..hey hours of fun inflicting harm! how we got our kicks in the 70/80s, before computer games and the like!

3628654134_2f8fc21b5f.jpg

Top Bottom