Raleigh or CdeF?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know anyone with the mjolnir steel
You do now :thumbsup:

TBH I'd have preferred Reynolds too because of the pedigree, but having initially been shopping for a £500 bike, and then deciding to max out the Cyclescheme at £1k, and then going up to £1,100 after falling in love with the Genesis....there was no way I could then stretch to £1,500 for the Disc 20.
Have tested the Disc 10 I thought the Mjolnir gave a lovely ride, but I haven't had chance to ride the Reynolds for comparison. The bloke in the shop said that the Mjolnir is Genesis' own frame, that they're starting at the bottom and plan to expand gradually up the range until they are making their own frames for a big chunk of their range. This will allow them better control of design and, eventually, increase their profit margins over having to buy frames in.
I don't know how true this is, but it's what I was told.

but for the money I've saved I can get it painted any colour I want
Before and after pics of the re-spray would be good :smile:

jack smith

Veteran
Ahh sorry the photo shows sram force the link is apex, still better than shimano for weight and shifting (in my opinion) better than exposed cables on cheaper shimano too

Ahh sorry the photo shows sram force
Yeah, it's a bit misleading as I don't think the bike pictured is actually an RX Comp, despite the colour scheme. Certainly it has different forks, wheels and gearing anyway. I think the frame is carbon too, though I may be wrong on this. I think the bike pictured is £3,000+ of machine, and certainly looks sexier than the RX Comp does in the flesh.

Top Bottom