Raleigh R200 Winter Project.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Astore

Not really sure if this counts as vintage, probably more "retro." I've recently acquired this Raleigh R200, from my recollections, most of the equipment seems original - a combination of Shimano Tiagra and Sora, with Tektro brakes . Shimano date codes put it at February 2000. My plan is to revive it and then ride it over Winter to keep the salt off my Concorde. The bike looks pretty well cared for, the paint is very good. So far I've replaced the BB cartridge as the old one wasn't sealed any more and decidedly crunchy. I think it's got the makings of a nice machine.

YHLYBhT.jpg

Sr2gt24.jpg

SB4JFvM.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looks good enough to enjoy so go ahead and enjoy

OP
OP
Astore

Astore

Looks good enough to enjoy so go ahead and enjoy
It's not shifting very well, the rear caliper is sticking, the front derailleur overshoots the big chainring and it could do with new cables and tyres. So I'll sort that out and re-grease all the bearings. I've not had a bike with brifters before, so it will be good experience setting it all up. For me that's all as much fun as actually riding the bike.

OP
OP
Astore

Astore

Well, it's done, I can ride it - just, but at 60cm it feels a little too large for comfort, probably suited to someone closer to 6ft than my 5ft 9in. A shame as it's a really lively machine and it looks damn good IMO. I'm a bit gutted but also very satisfied that it's turned out so well; and I've learnt how to set up and service STIs as well, so not a wasted exercise.

tz5S0Zj.jpg

280pje9.jpg

gLCwKS4.jpg

wA5dbaR.jpg

Top Bottom