Raleigh Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerroger

Hi new to the forum so hello to everyone, I have rather a nice Raleigh racer and wonder if anyone can shed any light onto how old this particular model is, it has on the frame " Record Sprint , Designed in Nottingham Built in England. 501 Reynolds tubing. SAKAE SXC .

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HI Roger & welcome.
IIRC the Record Sprint was out around the mid 80s, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to give more info :laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Soltydog said:
HI Roger & welcome.
IIRC the Record Sprint was out around the mid 80s, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to give more info :laugh:

Hi Roger, I'd say slightly earlier than that, early 80s. Chap up the road has one, black with gold decals?
Rode nicely IIRC.

OP
OP
R

rogerroger

thanks for all the info chaps and guess it is early 80s then I will keep it as it does ride well I have a new Trek but there is something about these older bikes they seem to ride so well.
Thank you all . . . . Roger

bauldbairn

Hello Roger and Welcome to the CC forums. :sad:

I had a Raliegh Europa and always wanted a 501 Record in the 80's - it looked a bit less "boy racerish." B)

OP
OP
R

rogerroger

Hi Doctor I can undertstand you regretting getting rid of your bike as they are getting harder to find now, I have another 2 Raleigh racers and I will put their details on here soon to see if anyone can give me some info on them they are both in excellent condition too . . . . Roger

Top Bottom