Raleigh Record Sprint frame number issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well it's a late 80's bike for a start not 60's so Worksop was closed. I know they used the W prefix for a time at Nottingham but I'd reckon that was built after they changed the numbering system.

1986 ? It's not a 60's cycle .
Not sure about The Record Sprint . I have a 1980 Record Ace which has the frame number on the BB and has the 2 letter prefix. My later 80's Criterium Triathlon has the frame number stamped into the lower seat tube.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
1986 ? It's not a 60's cycle .
Not sure about The Record Sprint . I have a 1980 Record Ace which has the frame number on the BB and has the 2 letter prefix. My later 80's Criterium Triathlon has the frame number stamped into the lower seat tube.
I'd say later, 88-89, the earlier more valuable ones had Gold hubs and were 531, later versions were in 501 with black hubs/rims but it's no later cos of the 'Golden Arrow' mech unless Raleigh had a big box full of them as they were superseded by the 'New 105' like I fitted to my Carlton around that time (New 105 was the latest 'Index Compatible' and had just come out when I rebuilt it)

Top Bottom