Raleigh RoadAce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BottomCrank

I think I bought my Raleigh Road Ace new in 1984 or 85. It's got Shimano 600EX all over and is still a really nice bike. Weight-wise it's not too bad and I've not messed about with it. What I do need is touch up paint. Would a humbrol enamel paint do?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I think I bought my Raleigh Road Ace new in 1984 or 85. It's got Shimano 600EX all over and is still a really nice bike. Weight-wise it's not too bad and I've not messed about with it. What I do need is touch up paint. Would a humbrol enamel paint do?

Cant see why not if you can get a close match , but remember those little areas that need touching up are called Patina

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Nice bike the Road Ace, I got mine as a bare frame, built it up with mainly 105 components,

DSCN0129.JPG

I 'nicked' the crank to go onto another bike so it has a Truvativ one on but I also have an Ultegra triple that's doing nothing so I may swap to that.

GuyBoden

Guru

Don't do it, just keep the rust at bay with an oily rag.

Have you got any pictures, the Road Ace is one of my fav Raleigh's.

Top Bottom