Raleigh Routier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianpallen

Über Member
I have just bought a Raleigh Routier.
I know it is not the top of the range bike, but it is not bad to ride. I would say the frame is identical to my Courier but with racing items on it. It has 28 x 1 3/8 wheels. I think it is original condition and not too bad. It needs a new tyre or two. I think two would be a better bet. It has Sachs Huret gears and weinmann brakes. The top levers are not inside the space between the lever and the mount, but attached to the side of the lever. It has plastic mudguards which are original to the bike. The chrome wheels just need a clean up and the bike needs a general service. The cables are not rusty and move freely.
RaleighRoutier005_zpse4f17135.jpg
RaleighRoutier006_zpsab14f210.jpg
RaleighRoutier007_zps5b1506de.jpg
RaleighRoutier008_zps52bc03d3.jpg
RaleighRoutier010_zps712537a7.jpg
RaleighRoutier011_zpsc7db25d7.jpg
RaleighRoutier012_zps49f2e960.jpg
RaleighRoutier013_zps8ea1aabe.jpg
RaleighRoutier014_zps73646d58.jpg
RaleighRoutier015_zps38f0f64c.jpg
RaleighRoutier016_zps9bd88569.jpg
RaleighRoutier017_zps1861d4a5.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That looks to be in nice condition, apart from the tyres. :whistle:

OP
OP
ianpallen

ianpallen

Über Member
Thanks. It is in not bad condition at all. I have had worse, but I think with two new tyres, clean the wheels with wire wool and regrease all the bearings, it will be a very decent bike. Might also be a good Xmas pressie for someone. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ianpallen

ianpallen

Über Member
I have just been out to the bike and measured it. It is a 23.5" frame from centre of BB to top of seat post. The frame is exactly the same size as my courier. I think I will have a little play about later with the brakes. I will see if the weimann brakes fit on my courier with 26" wheels and the Shimano Tektra ones will fit on the Routier. I just wish it was warmer out there. lol

OP
OP
ianpallen

ianpallen

Über Member
Just been out and the weinmann brakes fit the courier but the Schimano dont fit the racer. They are about 1/2 a brake block thickness too short.

JackGS

Looks in pretty good shape. I have just purchased a Raleigh Routier myself and currently building it up as a single speed. I was wondering if you know what seat post diameter I require? I emailed the guy I purchased it off, he said 25.4 however it seems to slip in the seat tube too easily.

Hardrock93

Guru
Looks in pretty good shape. I have just purchased a Raleigh Routier myself and currently building it up as a single speed. I was wondering if you know what seat post diameter I require? I emailed the guy I purchased it off, he said 25.4 however it seems to slip in the seat tube too easily.
The seatpost in my Routier measures 25.5mm dia. I have to tighten the original Raleigh clamp bolt with quite a lot of effort to prevent the post from slipping.

Edit: I should add that I tried replacing the original, but scruffy, clamp bolt with a QR item and then a shiny new seat post clamp bolt from Halfords. Neither had sufficient 'travel' to securely clamp the post in place, so it was back to the original.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You need one of these

raleigh-allen-key-seat-bolt.jpg

$_35 (1).jpg
24 mm and has one of these

Top Bottom