Raleigh Technium.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedalPedantic

Looks to have a short wheelbase typical of a timetrial bike but might just be off camera angle

Is it Alu tubes bonded with steel lugs? If so could be US sister of the dyna-tech. There were Alu and titanium versions of those.

Mine has a 99.06cm wheelbase, with a fork with 38mm rake, similar to the original.

PedalPedantic

If I remember technium similar to the Dyna tech range that the UK had so steel tubes glued into alloy lugs

No, (most of) the Techniums were the opposite. Steel lugs on aluminum tubing. I'd have loved to have heard the Dynatech designers and the Technium folk discussing these ideas.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks for the info @PedalPedantic , very nice bike.
I was riding my aluminium 2007 SL1000 Trek with a carbon fork and seat post and comparing the two I'd say the Technium was about a third as heavy again. Not comparing like with like though.
Because the Raleigh's frame tubes diameter were quite small I imagine the walls must be quite thick.

PedalPedantic

My seat-post is 26.8mm. The aluminum is heat-treated T8, so better than the T6 used on most other aluminum bikes. The only thing better is Easton Ultralite, and possibly the Kinesium by Kinesis, which never really took off, or Niobium-alloyed aluminum. If I remember correctly, the TREK aluminum bikes were made completely of aluminum. The stays on the Technium are steel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom