raleigh tempest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
i have been given a raleigh tempest - without measuring i know it is far to large for me so i was wondering if it was worth repairing ( back wheel buckled and needs bars tape - apart from that not bad condition ) then trying to sell or just put in back of garage till the next clear out - i know nothing about this make and model so i am hoping someone could put me right - thanks in advance

festival

Über Member
I believe it was a basic, budget drop handle bar bike of no real value or pedigree. If you will enjoy the challenge of making it good then go ahead.
You may find it a harder job finding someone who will pay enough to have made it worth doing if its just for gain?

OP
OP
berty bassett

berty bassett

Legendary Member
cheers for that - at the min it doesnt owe me anything , i have some tape laying about and always wanted to have a go at straightening a wheel so think i will get it ready and see what happens - hate to see a bike go to the scrap heap in the sky

OP
OP
berty bassett

berty bassett

Legendary Member
you mean spend money !!!:eek: thats crazy talk ^_^ especially as i just forked out for a shiny wilier - i am going to stick a playing card in the back spokes so everyone can here me coming

Top Bottom