Raleigh the winner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulwho100

I currently own a Raleigh winner which I got given for free and have had it for six months with no technical problems but would like to know some more history about it so if u know something plz reply :smile:

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
1983 version:

ral83_14.jpg

ral83_15.jpg

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Thanks also would u say that it's a gd vintage bike

Who can say a bike that still provides good service after nearly 3 decades is not a good bike?

However, this series is not amongst the lightest and best equipped within the Raleigh range at the time, so more an honest workhorse, rather than a collectable racer/tourer.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Coincidently, I saw one of these today locked up on a lamppost in Bicester town centre, it looked like it was used a lot, though it benefited from a new front tyre. I know this doesn't help, but its curious I should one today.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I had one of these for a while. I found it to be quite a heavy bike but it did go a bit on the flat. I bought a Raleigh Sprint while I still had the Winner and the difference in the two bikes was, to me, amazing. The Sprint was like a racehorse. I think, yes the Winner is a good solid all round bike. I only got £45 for it on e-bay though and it was in good nick.

OP
OP
Paulwho100

Paulwho100

How long have u had it for?? Also I must have the face lift model as I have a cotterless cranks that are the aluminium one

Top Bottom