Raleigh Tomahawk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

laugar

Hi,
i have 2 young boys who recently learnt to ride a bike and absolutely love cycling, and so I had started to recall my first bikes. I always had raleigh bikes and love the look of a 70's era chopper and so I began to look at the tomahawk as something of a little project for them...
I purchased a Raleigh Tomahawk from ebay for £4 and have recently stripped this down and I am thoroughly enjoying bringing this bike back to life. Ive picked up a few bits for it along the way, but the problem is that I need a replacement 11 inch front tyre and cannot find one anywhere. ive looked extensively online and can only find plastic wheels with solid/foam tyres for kiddies bikes in 11''. everywhere sells tyres starting at 12 inch.
At this moment in time im not bothered about the type/style of tyre, just the size.
Does anyone know where i can buy an 11 inch tyre?

midlife

Guru
Bankruptbikeparts do them, singles and as a pair witan a rear

https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk...a-new-1-x-t1158-and-1-x-t1648?search=11 tyre

OP
OP
laugar

laugar

Thanks for this, I came across this site as they have an eBay shop but looks to be out of stock.
I’ll message them tho as hopefully they could source one , cheers

nonowt

Über Member
I had a tomahawk as a youngster - great for wheelies not so great down the woods (or uphill). Mine had an unfortunate life: my cousin got knocked off it by a car damaged the the seatposts (but not cousin) and then someone nicked the saddle when it was left overnight in a friends garden. I continued to ride it for a few months sitting on the double cross bar!

midlife

Guru
I wonder if Alibaba have something?

OP
OP
laugar

laugar

So bankruptbikeparts replied with

Raleigh have stopped selling.
We are currently soucing tyres but could be a couple of months away.

Alibaba maybe but a search throws up 2k results of all sizes plus other stuff so need to sift through, usually wholesale as well I thought.. noticed you can post requests for items there so worth a try.

Cheers

midlife

Guru
Nice of bankruptbikeparts to reply. I have always found them good to deal with.... Its just their website is a nightmare to navigate lol

OP
OP
laugar

laugar

It is, and that’s good to hear as they look to have quality stuff at reasonable prices.
Know what you mean about the site
Their eBay shop is easier

Top Bottom