Rambo update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I got back from my ride today to find my ex in the back garden, repairing a bike for our son to use (I had asked him to have a look at it when he picked him up).
We got chatting and I showed him Rambo. We had a couple of dead bikes laying about and he said he could rebuild him!
So, I helped. We stripped Rambo and used the other bike to pilfer parts. I helped out and learned quite a bit!
We got the rear hub stripped and rebuilt but the part that holds the bearings had been too damaged to use. We were so damn close too! Anyway, he told me what I needed, so I'll trawl for parts.

On top of that, we repaired another bike that my daughter used to use (salvaging a brake lever from another bike), and sorted out the bike for son, so he now has a bike to use. It's not great, but it's full suss, in working order and will do for now.

Not a bad afternoon's work....best news being that Rambo can be saved and ex will sort it if I get the parts. So no huge LBS bill.
I am happy...would have been happier if it had got sorted today but knowing it can be done has made my day!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I got back from my ride today to find my ex in the back garden, repairing a bike for our son to use (I had asked him to have a look at it when he picked him up).
We got chatting and I showed him Rambo. We had a couple of dead bikes laying about and he said he could rebuild him!
So, I helped. We stripped Rambo and used the other bike to pilfer parts. I helped out and learned quite a bit!
We got the rear hub stripped and rebuilt but the part that holds the bearings had been too damaged to use. We were so damn close too! Anyway, he told me what I needed, so I'll trawl for parts.

On top of that, we repaired another bike that my daughter used to use (salvaging a brake lever from another bike), and sorted out the bike for son, so he now has a bike to use. It's not great, but it's full suss, in working order and will do for now.

Not a bad afternoon's work....best news being that Rambo can be saved and ex will sort it if I get the parts. So no huge LBS bill.
I am happy...would have been happier if it had got sorted today but knowing it can be done has made my day!

Congratulations on the fact that rambo can be fixed. Excellent news SL

stephec

Legendary Member
Cambridge_Railway_Station_Bicycle_Racks.preview.jpg
Is this your back garden?

imgres

stephec

Legendary Member
Anyway it's time for bed now, I can sleep well knowing Rambo is going to pull through, it must be nice to know you're going to have a nurse riding you.

Top Bottom