<Rant>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whiskey88

What kind of absolute f*cktards do we have on London's roads!?

Cycling down Armada Way, Beckton, south of the DLR depot (a "quieter route recommended by other cyclists") 10-15 minutes ago on the way back from Tesco. The road has a series of pinch-points, so I was riding primary through them.

I had 3 rear lights (1 of which was flashing) and my fluro yellow + reflective "THINK BIKE" backpack on. A Porsche by the registration V1 NNP decides that he is getting past regardless and gives me the closest near-miss I've ever had - one a f*cking quiet road!

I must admit, I do kind of wish he had grazed me so that he would have damaged his clearly very expensive paint job. Plus I would then actually be able to report the matter to the police, who don't seem to do anything unless there is actual contact!

Can I take his wing-mirror off next time? Please?

</rant>

Edit: Just did a google check for the number plate - turns out "V1 NNP Porsche" is a suggested search - I wonder who else he has done this to in the past?

Born2die

Glad your ok I had a few close passes on an a road earlier all hgv's then a bus driver going home in his car nearly got e as I cycled passed Junction where he was waiting to pull out well he pulled out as I was level with his bonnet scared me to death

pplpilot

Guru
I had to drive into central London today and i really cant quite understand just why anyone would want to live and work there. Rotten, over crowded, congested, expensive, overrated cesspit full of nobbers that go about their business at a thousand miles an hour and to hell with anyone that gets in the way.

OP
OP
Whiskey88

Whiskey88

@Born2die Similarly for yourself. I'm new to London, only been here since the weekend. It's not been as bad as I was expecting it to be, but I'm still contemplating going for a camera as a "just-in-case" measure.

I was probably cycling for 15-20 mins in total (there and back) and had 2 near-misses. The other car was a Renault Megane (reg started LV06, can't remember the rest) who I had to deliberately block twice because of where they were attempting to overtake me. They then got stuck at a temporary red light whilst I was able to go around on the cycle lane (which is only usable in parts owing to the extremely high amount of glass strewn across it). I swear some of the drivers around here genuinely did get their licences from lucky bags.

@pplpilot - I'm studying here and I don't much of an option - it's the only university who were willing to take me in my subject area based solely on work experience.

Jaco45er

Fast car, small willy, apparently ;)

Kies

I had to drive into central London today and i really cant quite understand just why anyone would want to live and work there. Rotten, over crowded, congested, expensive, overrated cesspit full of nobbers that go about their business at a thousand miles an hour and to hell with anyone that gets in the way.

Your welcome to stay away, but you won't :smile:

Jaco45er

Go to admit, after working there on and off for years. I am with you. I mean, why? What is the attraction? Not for me ;)

Kies

Oh believe me i do everything i can to do so....

But you manage to return and knock it at the same time?
Where would your proffesional life be without London me wonders.
I remember a famous quote " bored of London is to be bored of life"

Top Bottom