Rather a surreal situation...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

...I was in one of our stunning Edinburgh cathedrals this morning, whilst mooching around town and doing a bit of shopping...

Anyway, I thought I'd take a few photos so I started snapping away when a rather good-looking and well dressed lady came up to me and said 'do you mind taking a few shots of the pews and the stained glass windows?' A bit baffled by this, I nodded and said yes. Snapped away. Then the lady said 'and just one more of the aisle?' Again I nodded. Then she clocked my jeans and trainers as if seeing them for the first time and said 'erm...you're not the wedding photographer are you?' :wacko::blush::sad:

Should have said "Yes, that'll be £500 please" and then scarpered. Why were YOU embarassed?

Mr Pig

Years ago a friend of mine was running his sister down to the cashline machine in Airdrie. As he stopped the car, before his sister could get out, two old ladies got in the back and just sat there!

They turned to look at the old ladies and said "ehh, what are you doing?". To which they replied "Oh, this isn't a taxi then?".

My mate said "Did you see a light on the roof? Do you see a meter? What on earth made you think that it was?

yenrod

Melvil said:
...I was in one of our stunning Edinburgh cathedrals this morning, whilst mooching around town and doing a bit of shopping...

Anyway, I thought I'd take a few photos so I started snapping away when a rather good-looking and well dressed lady came up to me and said 'do you mind taking a few shots of the pews and the stained glass windows?' A bit baffled by this, I nodded and said yes. Snapped away. Then the lady said 'and just one more of the aisle?' Again I nodded. Then she clocked my jeans and trainers as if seeing them for the first time and said 'erm...you're not the wedding photographer are you?' :laugh::blush::laugh:

And what was she like in bed :laugh:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I was parked up, many years ago, waiting to pick up my then girlfirend from a girlie night out in Birmingham. The car doors were locked but a group of lads tried the doors anyway and then started banging on the windows demanding to be let in and telling me where they wanted to go to. I told them I wasn't a taxi. They kept trying the doors and said 'You are a ****ing taxi, you have to take us!'.
I kept trying to explain I wasn't a taxi adn was just waiting to pick up my girlfriend but had to drive off when they started to kick the doors.
If I was a taxi I wouldn't have taken them anywhere.

I was shopping in B&Q when a bloke came up to me to ask me about using one of the products. I explained as best I could. He then strated to follow me about asking me about other products and which aisle things were on. I eventually said that I didn't know as I didn't work there. He looked really shocked and embaressed and then shuffled away saying that he thought I was staff.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

yenrod said:
And what was she like in bed :laugh:

I'm afraid I have no idea!

But yes, if the situation arises again, perhaps some 'amateur photographer' type action is called for! :laugh::thumbsup::laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was staying in a hotel once, and after having a shower decided to start unpacking, then found only a few coathangers in the cupboard. So I hastily got dressed and went to find a member of staff. The only one around was the Barman, he said to follow him and wait in the corridor while he found some more. Then along came a frightfully posh chap, who said to me very gruffly, "Who is serving in the bar tonight". So I just said "I don't know", which was true. Said posh person huffed and puffed, but I just stood there, and then realised he thought I was a member of staff. I had no intention whatsoever of apologising for being a guest :laugh:.

Later that evening he and I ended up on the same table of eight at dinner, the pr*t obviously could not conjure up the slightest of apologies.

I have also been mistaken for staff in shops, with people asking me questions. Even when I helpfully point out another member of staff, they seem to think it is me being awkward, not them being unobservant - I'm not in uniform - doh.:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been there too - in B&Q with a shirt and tie on - folk asking me for stuff.....do I have a B&Q shirt on....... nope - I'm shopping too in my lunch hour !!!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have sometimes wondered if I have the magic talent of becoming temporarily invisible. I was working at the Severn Valley Railway one Bank holiday, sorting out the reserved seat allocation, and the float etc, when someone came into the Booking Office and said to my colleague, "Are you on your own then?".

I found out some time later that He was one of the World's most famous MCPs, to the extent he could not even "see" a female, if they were working on "his" railway.

Also one day, as an Inspector on the Railway, I was wearing black jacket, shirt with collar and tie, a peaked cap, and a badge saying "Ticket Inspector". Part of my duties at platforms with a slight bend in them, was to pass on the signal from the Guard to the Engine Driver, that he had the "all clear" to move off. So I was stood inside the train on the platform side, nearest the engine with my head out of the window, and arm up in the air. Some tw*t with a camera asked me when the train was pulling out, to which I replied "any second now". When we pulled out, admittedly about six seconds later, the twit said, "Oh, you were right then". :laugh::laugh::whistle:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
I have also been mistaken for staff in shops, with people asking me questions. Even when I helpfully point out another member of staff, they seem to think it is me being awkward, not them being unobservant - I'm not in uniform - doh.:laugh:

Time to lose the name badge Speicher :laugh:

A couple of weeks ago myself and fairweather thought we had discovered invisibility as the barmaid couldn't see us even though we were the only ones standing at the bar asking to be served! :o)

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Lardyboy said:
A couple of weeks ago myself and fairweather thought we had discovered invisibility as the barmaid couldn't see us even though we were the only ones standing at the bar asking to be served! :o)

I have exactly the same problem with waiters/resses in restaurants!

Top Bottom