Rather a surreal situation...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Been there too - in B&Q with a shirt and tie on - folk asking me for stuff.....do I have a B&Q shirt on....... nope - I'm shopping too in my lunch hour !!!
I'd be tempted to pretend I was staff and tell them a load of old bollox. "Wallpaper stripper, sir? These modern blowlamps are designed just for that, the heat doesn't travel very far".

OP
OP
M

Melvil

A bit OT but the only thing worse than being ignored is being patronised. A guy who works in my local coffee shop is Polish. He's pretty much fluent in English and very clever with it...but there's a woman in the office down the road who comes in and says V E R Y S L O W L Y W H A T S H E W A N T S....she points to the items as well, just in case he hasn't got the message.

I told him, if she wants to be like that, he should do a Manuel off Fawlty Towers, go to the other end of the counter and hold up a completely different item, smiling hopefully...just to pi$$ her right off.

Keith Oates

Janner
I once came out of a bar in New Plymouth, NZ. and saw a taxi on the other side of the road. I walked across and got in the back and only then did I realise it was a Police car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gromit

Über Member
We often get asked if we do the recycling, when we are stood sorting stuff into the trikes and electric vehicle, full of recycling.

Top Bottom