rats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We used to have two Jack Russells whose greatest fun was
being let loose in the barn once a
week. Never seen a pair of dogs so happy!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've got a jack Russell but I don't think he's up to the job. He'd probably try to play with it. Or hump it.
I'm going to put some poison down and I've cleaned up round the hutches but Im not brave enough to move the stacks of boxes where I suspect ol ratty is bidding out.
If you have the chance, borrow a cat or two.
I did years ago when a mouse faced me in the wee hours :ph34r:
Never been cat-less since, current one caught several mice - I live on the ground floor near a field.
Once BigCat jumped up in the middle of the night to under the bed ... guess what? :hungry:

My cat Kropotkin is chief rat ass kicker extraordinaire, my previous cats showed no interest in rats, I put his hunting ability down to his parents being feral and that he gets sadistic joy terrifying me with rodent remains when I wake up in the mornings.

Levo-Lon

Guru
"Google terriers killing rats if you want to see what will happen"

my grandad ran a farm in Padiham just up the road from you.
slade cottage,and behind the Red Rock pub thats gone now just in case I get accused of telling stories?
he had dogs to protect and work The Starkey family land.
his jack russel simply grabed a rat and shook it for about 2,3 seconds and that was that, it then went in search of the next one.better than a cat.
Grandad used to neck chickens too ,which we then had for dinner after showing me how to pluck gut and remove the head.
im a townie but the summer hols at grandads farm were the best hols ever..
im not a fan of dogs ripping up foxes btw.

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Mr6 took the dog out last night but they didn't find anything.
He's in charge of clearing the cardboard and putting down poison today.
It was probably just someone's pet and its gone home. :whistle:

Hyslop

Veteran
If you get desperate,WCF or Rickerbys! Best of luck anyway,I cant stand the things at any price.(by the way-hijacking things-did you get home OK yesterday?-weve just had a monster hail shower to the West of Carlisle-Take care!!!).

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
If you get desperate,WCF or Rickerbys! Best of luck anyway,I cant stand the things at any price.(by the way-hijacking things-did you get home OK yesterday?-weve just had a monster hail shower to the West of Carlisle-Take care!!!).
I did, thanks for asking. Also managed to time my rides today in between the hail showers but I don't think I got over 10mph, even downhill!

Hyslop

Veteran
I did, thanks for asking. Also managed to time my rides today in between the hail showers but I don't think I got over 10mph, even downhill!
Glad you made it,given the way things have been today,you may well be the first person to simulate rounding the Horn on a bike:thumbsup::thumbsup:I saw one person on a bike today,in Carlisle,turning carefully onto Botchergate,brave lass!!-pleasingly,the cars alongside gave her lots of space(,I,being the hero I am was on foot)-wasnt you was it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom