Ravemen front light mount problems!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I'm struggling with the Ravemen ABM01 plastic light bracket for mounting on the handlebars, it's tightened with a plastic thumb screw but I can never get it tight enough to prevent the light from pointing down after a few km of South Gloucestershire's finest chipsealed roads. They also sell an alternative mount with a stretchy silicone strap but I'm not confident that it'll fix the issue. Short of gluing the thing to the handlebars or wrapping a couple of layers of self amalgamating tape around the handlebars to give it something to bite into, I wonder if anyone else in CycleChat land has experienced similar issues with this particular light mount?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I had a new light arrive this week and am in the process of angling it. I have a similar problem and believe it's because the rubber strips supplied (the ones that go between the handlebar and mount clamp) are to spongy. I intend to try some stiffer rubber or even a few winds of tape. Recommend you do the same.

I'm struggling with the Ravemen ABM01 plastic light bracket for mounting on the handlebars, it's tightened with a plastic thumb screw but I can never get it tight enough to prevent the light from pointing down after a few km of South Gloucestershire's finest chipsealed roads. They also sell an alternative mount with a stretchy silicone strap but I'm not confident that it'll fix the issue. Short of gluing the thing to the handlebars or wrapping a couple of layers of self amalgamating tape around the handlebars to give it something to bite into, I wonder if anyone else in CycleChat land has experienced similar issues with this particular light mount?
Try some "Carbon paste". It isn't really carbon but a gritty paste made to prevent carbon seatpost and handlebars slipping under low torque. Bike shops sell it at cocaine-like prices in tiny little sachets. However, gritty handcleaner also works.

simongt

Guru
The polythene / rubber spacers provided with many light sets do have a tendency to slip on the handlebar regardless; not enough friction. I solved my 'droop' problem with a bit of double sided tape round the handlebar. Sorted - ! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom