re-dish??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lip03

Über Member
i have heard tis term used when considering chain line? i know what dishing is but have always seen it done so that a hub is central to the rim would re dishing a wheel to be more on the drive edge of a hub (to acheive chainline) whave an affect on the way a wheel turns/runs?? or does anyone know another way of getting your chainline when using a single speed freewheel?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Spacers?

I should add that I have no idea what I'm talking about; my local bike doctor told he was going to re-dish a wheel someone gave me and I did what I always do and went with it without asking many questions. It's great having an lbs you can trust. In other news this Morrisons lager is stronger than I thought.

What was I saying?

Sent from the remains of my brain using my meaty fingers on a silly virtual keyboard.

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
Spacers?

I should add that I have no idea what I'm talking about; my local bike doctor told he was going to re-dish a wheel someone gave me and I did what I always do and went with it without asking many questions. It's great having an lbs you can trust. In other news this Morrisons lager is stronger than I thought.

What was I saying?

Sent from the remains of my brain using my meaty fingers on a silly virtual keyboard.
wow thats informative!

think i'll have to get some of that larger!!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
like Andrew says above , its done to keep rim central in frame , so normally you will end up with spacers on non drive side of rear wheel and then the hub is moved across to the drive side by dishing the wheel......

simples find good lbs

OP
OP
lip03

lip03

Über Member
like Andrew says above , its done to keep rim central in frame , so normally you will end up with spacers on non drive side of rear wheel and then the hub is moved across to the drive side by dishing the wheel......

simples find good lbs
thanks for reply biggs I am just going to finish the bike slap a freewheel on it and take it to lbs and let them do the worrying guy charges £37 for full service so should be a similar amount I guess

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
thanks for reply biggs I am just going to finish the bike slap a freewheel on it and take it to lbs and let them do the worrying guy charges £37 for full service so should be a similar amount I guess

Probably less - I think my LBS charged me about a tenner to re-dish the rear wheel.

Top Bottom