Re-reading Armstrong books

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
So athletes who train harder can go for longer, hardly a breakthrough eh? Add some EPO and other PEDS and your on a winner, 7 times it seems

Buddfox

Veteran
Clearly the organiser had a different perspective - one has to assume the reality was somewhere between the two. Unfortunately, the author does himself no favours with the line about LA's cancer being made up.

BJH

Über Member
Just re read from Lance to Landis by David Walsh, that was the one that finally tipped me over the final doubting cliff.

Strange to see just how much of this has now become the stuff of wider public knowledge. More depressing for me was remembering how many times I had raised points from this book to hear complaints that it was all wild claims from has bees cheats and liars.

David Walsh called it right

lulubel

Über Member
I came away from 'It's not about the bike' thinking that it was unique among autobiographies in that the subject had no desire to be liked

When I read it I genuinely thought it could explain where he learnt how to dope at higher level, in some ways it was almost confessional. All the medical and treatment learning through books etc.

I know the revelations have cost him more financially than he's likely to ever get back through this, but I wonder how many people have done what I've just done (based on the two quotes above) and bought one or more of his books. I'm sure I'm not alone.

DeepBurn

Über Member
Clearly the organiser had a different perspective - one has to assume the reality was somewhere between the two. Unfortunately, the author does himself no favours with the line about LA's cancer being made up.

Agreed, the truth is probably in the middle somewhere (still makes it bad imo) but the cancer line was unnecessary in relation to the story and kind of makes him sound like he simply wants to tarnish LA's name further.

That said Armstrong is clearly not a particularly great guy

Top Bottom