Reach adjust on Shimano 2300 Sti?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hillrep

Veteran
I have, with a little help from Cycle to Work, just treated myself to a new commuter bike :laugh:.
It is my first drop bar bike for "a few" years and I'm completely new to the STI shifters, Shimano 2300 Sti, in my case.
As part of the fitting and fettling, I'd like to be able to adjust the reach from the drops to the brake levers as I find it a little bit of a stretch. So far I've failed to find an obvious way to do this, and searching for a technical manual hasn't worked either.
Does anyone know of a way to adjust the reach, or some clever widget that will do the job?

PpPete

Legendary Member
Some of the expensive STI units have little inserts that adjusts the reach. I'm not sure if the 2300 has it.
Or there might be a bolt to turn (as in top left of this page)

Alcdrew

I appreciate this is a very old thread but since I am in need of some of these shims due to my short stubby fingers and I have only found 1 online store selling these (and thats in the states, with $15 postage which seems a bit excessive for a £3 part) and my local LBS can't help I was wondering if anyone here knows any UK retail I could get them from?

Acyclo

Veteran
I appreciate this is a very old thread but since I am in need of some of these shims due to my short stubby fingers and I have only found 1 online store selling these (and thats in the states, with $15 postage which seems a bit excessive for a £3 part) and my local LBS can't help I was wondering if anyone here knows any UK retail I could get them from?

Me too.

Top Bottom