FNRttC Reading Curry Ride Friday 23rd September 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
@AKA Bob
I am interested in joining the ride, sounds lovely, different from other FNRttC rides. At the risk of appearing quite thick (not especially difficult, I know), I have a query: I have read all the bumf FNRttC kindly sent to me and it tells me where it starts, where it goes, where it breaks but not where it finishes. I am guessing this might be ol' london town. Could you be more specific as to an 'official' finishing point (eg Madeira Caff; as there is no Coast involved)?
I am also guessing there will be a rehydration option - is this likely to be at the 'finish' or another venue?
Thanks
stupid of storrington
(the reason for the query is to arrange transportation back to the sticks)

The OP says it's a circular ride, so I think it's fair to assume (although assumption is always a risk) it finishes at the starting point.

The OP says it's a circular ride, so I think it's fair to assume (although assumption is always a risk) it finishes at the starting point.
Ooops, missed the circular bit! Ends back at Reading Station then, thanks so much. Should read these things more carefully!

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
@AKA Bob
I am interested in joining the ride, sounds lovely, different from other FNRttC rides. At the risk of appearing quite thick (not especially difficult, I know), I have a query: I have read all the bumf FNRttC kindly sent to me and it tells me where it starts, where it goes, where it breaks but not where it finishes. I am guessing this might be ol' london town. Could you be more specific as to an 'official' finishing point (eg Madeira Caff; as there is no Coast involved)?
I am also guessing there will be a rehydration option - is this likely to be at the 'finish' or another venue?
Thanks
stupid of storrington
(the reason for the query is to arrange transportation back to the sticks)

We will be heading back to Reading arriving around 8am with breakfast and beer over looking the Kennet Canal.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Yeah @AKA Bob which pub? Please :-)

Probably the Wetherspoons The Back and Beyond which has a beer garden.

Fergs

Guru
I'll be in foreign parts, so I can't make this one. I'm gutted to miss it because curry and cycling are two of my favourite things. Beer is another one of my favourite things, so it's some consolation that beer isn't involved...er, right?

Fergs

Guru
True enough, but fizzy yellow beer isn't as satisfying. I'll take the philosophical approach and look forward to the brown beer I shall have after the Cambridge ride

Top Bottom