Ready to go tubeless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Fair weather cyclist has took the hump about my post and blocked me Even though the OP thanked me for my contribution. Im sorry everyone on here does not gain something from everything I post. But thats life.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've not contributed either and I would consider myself fairly experienced and proficient on setting up tubeless on a road bike. There's plenty information here and on other threads and there's no point in repeating myself.
Looking at this, he’s no expert either?! :wacko:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/why-wont-my-tyres-seat.282721/

Alex321

Veteran
Anyone thinking tubeless are the land of milk and honey should check out the other thread where someone has spent more time asking how to get tubeless tyres to seat on their rims than I've spent fixing punctures in the last ten years.
If you had read the thread, or better if you were able to understand the thread, you would have realised it was all due to poor technique/lack of experience in tubeless conversion rather than a fault in the tubeless system itself.

Don't waste your time thinking about a reply. I won't see it anyways.

Alex321

Veteran
:cry: I thought I was special!
Some would say we are all "special" here :laugh:

If you had read the thread, or better if you were able to understand the thread, you would have realised it was all due to poor technique/lack of experience in tubeless conversion rather than a fault in the tubeless system itself.

Don't waste your time thinking about a reply. I won't see it anyways.
He offered an opinion about tubeless and not about the rainforest. Not sure why you flew off the handle. And now the tantrums and petty childlike retorts. And you are not even the OP.

If someone asks where to do a tummy tuck, it is appropriate for comments and advice on not getting one or to avoid it.

It is also a given that those who have done one will feel precious about it and might even turn emotional when others discourage it. It is part and parcel of any forum or discussion.

Lookrider

+1 for TESA 4289 tape, its much better than Gorrila tape, Gorrila tape woks but is terrible stuff to remove, make sure the tape is right across from inner wall to wall a bit up the sides is OK but it's not a must.

Put your advice to the test and your very accurate
Put black gorilla tape on rims but left tyres off ..then I mailed there tech dept to ask if the tape was non pourous and suitable
They never replied to this so after about 3 weeks now I have removed the gorrila tape
The tape came off in one go but a fair amount of residue left over to clean off with brake cleaner
I guess it be awful to remove after it's been on a while
Never got to test if the black surface materials of gorilla tape does not wear away allowing sealant to deep through

Thanks for your initial input about gorilla tape

Top Bottom