real bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Lewis

Hi there, someone close by is selling this... Her husband left her and she is selling the attached. It's a bianchi (I think) could someone tell me if it looks legit? Im going to view it later

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-16-07-30-23.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-16-07-30-23.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 164

ScotiaLass

Guru
If her husband left her and she is selling off his things, I'd be wary!
He may not know and therefore she doesn't have his permission.

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it the right size for you? Ride it before splashing the cash

Why do you think it may not be real?

young Ed

Veteran
it has a nice looking deep section rim on the rear but the white bar tape looks dirty and needs re-wrapping with black and i personally don't like the look of the brake leavers or saddle aesthetically
Cheers Ed

vickster

Legendary Member
I hadn't even noticed the odd wheels, weird...why would you not replace both? concerns me about how well ten bike has been cared for overall

OP
OP
S

Steve Lewis

Yep, the odd wheels concern me slightly, I would change the bar tape, wheels and saddle straight off. She wants around 200... But I hope I can talk her down to around 120-150

Soup890

Crazy
I'm not to familiar with the brand. But I'd give it a miss. Either buy from your LBS or Evans.

Who knows it could be real. But there is no way of telling.

OP
OP
S

Steve Lewis

I went and looked at it yesterday... Bike was in ok condition few bits that needed doing offered £60, it looked pretty genuine to me... Made a note of all the parts on the bike just need to do some research. Trying to get my office on a c2w scheme as I really fancy a cube peloton or giant defy 1

winjim

Smash the cistern
l would say that if it's anywhere near ridable then that's a bit of a bargain. Do you know what model / groupset it is? Bianchi have a range archive on their website but it only goes back to 2010 as far as l can see, this looks a little bit older

OP
OP
S

Steve Lewis

I don't know what model it is at all - I was looking on the bike for something but couldn't find anything whatsoever, The bike is perfectly rideable - needs a few changes asthetically and a service. But waiting to hear if they will accept my offer.

Top Bottom