real bianchi?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I should probably say why I am a little suspicious. The decals on the downtube look askew, the fork doesn't look right and I am not 100% sure from the pic on my phone but the gear changers look like rocker style things on the handle bars, not a Campag ergo shifter. It reminds me of a cheapish Viking.

Reactions: gbb

wisdom

Guru
I agree with Cycleops.
I cannot get the picture clear on my phone but in my opinion it doesnt look like any Bianchi I have seen.

SS Retro

At first I thought it was a fixie with the rear wheel set up, but it has got a rear mech, Bianchis do come in red and white, is the bianchi sticker under the paint lacquer or just stuck on top?

OP
OP
S

Steve Lewis

I have been back there this evening... She left me alone with it, I can confirm that it is not a bianchi... It seems someone has bought some decals. Through a decal I could see and O or a G, so I was thinking Apollo or Viking as mentioned above... Had a quick ride on it also, the gear changing was messy, clunky and loud. Even the fork looked a bent... I said thanks but no thanks

Reactions: gbb

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have been back there this evening... She left me alone with it, I can confirm that it is not a bianchi... It seems someone has bought some decals. Through a decal I could see and O or a G, so I was thinking Apollo or Viking as mentioned above... Had a quick ride on it also, the gear changing was messy, clunky and loud. Even the fork looked a bent... I said thanks but no thanks
cant blame you if that bad

OP
OP
S

Steve Lewis

Thanks for all your help guys.... Now to look for a new bike....

Top Bottom