rear cassette issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
a rear cassette noise and front chain set.
absolutely no need to say "rear" cassette, because there isn't a front one.
Since 'tis the time of night for pedantry, I like to speak for the defence.
Ruby used the words 'rear' and 'front', your honour, to emphasise that he/she was (even) unable to distinguish between a noise/clicking from the rear and the same from the front: ie 18 inches apart. This is a more reasonable interpretation than the prosecution's assertion that the use of 'rear' was gratuitous, especially given the varied levels of knowledge in the likely readership.
Good to see that he/she followed advice to ascertain where the clicking was coming from rather than reach for the roadkilling screwdriver.

OP
OP
VintageRuby

VintageRuby

Clinging on for dear life.
Since 'tis the time of night for pedantry, I like to speak for the defence.
Ruby used the words 'rear' and 'front', your honour, to emphasise that he/she was (even) unable to distinguish between a noise/clicking from the rear and the same from the front: ie 18 inches apart. This is a more reasonable interpretation than the prosecution's assertion that the use of 'rear' was gratuitous, especially given the varied levels of knowledge in the likely readership.
Good to see that he/she followed advice to ascertain where the clicking was coming from rather than reach for the roadkilling screwdriver.
Thank you for being my defense :biggrin:
(She, for the record)

Top Bottom