rear gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mds101

I've just changed the rear derailier (how do you spell that?) as a consequence of changine to a compact. I've put a medium cage sora on there and its really noisy.
As far as I can tell everything is lined up as it should be....I've fiddled with gears before and done things the same using online guides, but it still seems really noisy.
The noise seems to be coming from the derailier bottom jockey wheel rather than the cassette - although I know that noise can be displaced.

I'm thinking that because I haven't changed the chain (it doesn't need it) there may be some 'bedding in' or something. Any thoughts about if this is likely or if I just need to spend more time adjusting to get things spot on.

RedBike

I think the new Sora rear mechs are 9speed whereas the older ones are 7/8.

As 9 speed chains are narrower I would guess the jockey wheels / rear mech are setup accordingly.

OP
OP
M

mds101

This is an 8 speed rear mech with 8 speed chain so it will match on that front. I've got to put a new cable in tonight anyway so I guess I'lll have to do some readjusting then anyway, and then I'll take it out for a spin and see what hapens....i just hate noise.

Top Bottom