Rear Hub, 24 holes, steel hub body?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
The hub that came with my current rear wheel from Cero needs a new hub body and new bearings. The wheel is a bit Washington’s axe/Triggers broom, originally an ar24 it now has a kinlin 31t rim and obv new spokes A’s that’s a deeper rim. That started when Cycledivision sent an ar30 rear rim and I didn’t notice til I came to swap rims some 6 months later!
I’d like to build a similar type wheel but with ideally a steel hub body but still 24 spokes. Other than a £200 DA hub I’ve not yet found an option. There are various ‘anti bite guard’ options but I’m sceptical they really work, especially having just read the review of some Prime wheels in CW where the body has visible gouges after their testing. I was looking at the prime rear hub from Chain ReWiggle but now I’ve 2nd thoughts. Any ideas? (It’s a 10 speed drive train btw).

The hub that came with my current rear wheel from Cero needs a new hub body and new bearings. The wheel is a bit Washington’s axe/Triggers broom, originally an ar24 it now has a kinlin 31t rim and obv new spokes A’s that’s a deeper rim. That started when Cycledivision sent an ar30 rear rim and I didn’t notice til I came to swap rims some 6 months later!
I’d like to build a similar type wheel but with ideally a steel hub body but still 24 spokes. Other than a £200 DA hub I’ve not yet found an option. There are various ‘anti bite guard’ options but I’m sceptical they really work, especially having just read the review of some Prime wheels in CW where the body has visible gouges after their testing. I was looking at the prime rear hub from Chain ReWiggle but now I’ve 2nd thoughts. Any ideas? (It’s a 10 speed drive train btw).

I'd love to help you but I do believe this is an English-language forum.

C'mon, Please have respect for your fellow posters on here and do just a wee bit of work on your grammar, punctuation and composition. It is a matter both of dignity and respect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Svendo

Svendo

Guru
I'd love to help you but I do believe this is an English-language forum.

C'mon, Please have respect for your fellow posters on here and do just a wee bit of work on your grammar, punctuation and composition. It is a matter both of dignity and respect.

I have no
Hi Yellow Saddle!

I really expected your reply to be about the foolishness of 24 spoke rear wheels!

With respect to my English, you have a fair point in that I used several abbreviations, some of which were so-called ‘text-speak’. I have also been a victim of phone auto correct, and I missed the quotes round the axe and broom references.
In my defence I was in the car, both toddlers were bawling and it’s hard to drive and text! (Two out of three of those things are true)
If all else fails I resort to the Comsky defence; that one can probably discern roughly what I was trying to convey and that’s the point of language, innit.

Top Bottom