Rear hub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharealot

Need to replace rear Quando hub. It is a 36 hole and 8-speed cassette. Would like to replace with a
Shimano, and wonder if this would be a good replacement and would fit, Sora RS300 Rear Hub. Is the freewheel replaceable?

Sharky

Guru
Do you really mean "replace the hub", entailing a complete wheel rebuild?
Also, did a couple of google searches for the Sora RS300 rear hub and only came up with the 32 hole hub. The 36 on wiggle is no longer available?

Big John

Guru
Been a while since I bought one but Shimano do a hub called the Claris which I think comes with an 8 speed freehub. Can't remember how many spoke holes though. May be worth a look.

OP
OP
S

Sharealot

Also, did a couple of google searches for the Sora RS300 rear hub and only came up with the 32 hole hub. The 36 on wiggle is no longer available?
Yes i was going to do a full rebuild. Done the same on a

Yes was going to rebuild as wanting to keep rim. Did the same on a mountain bike and fitted a Shimano, just struggling for 1 I can replace. And would be good if free-wheel if it goes again, I can just replace free-wheel.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Freehub bodies are indeed replaceable but they usually only fit a narrow range of hub versions, so availability is not guaranteed, and they are almost the price of a replacement hub. Have a look at the SJSC website and be amazed.

OP
OP
S

Sharealot

Freehub bodies are indeed replaceable but they usually only fit a narrow range of hub versions, so availability is not guaranteed, and they are almost the price of a replacement hub. Have a look at the SJSC website and be amazed.
Will do.Not worried about price, just the hassle of lacing the wheel, if it goes again. Would you just replace like for like?

Top Bottom