Rear light set-up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Phaarts are well worth the money. Got two on my MTB and they are better than the RSP Astrum they copied. Yup it's not as well finished, but the brackets don't snap and they are a Smart Clone mount.

shadow master

Those phart rear lights are excellent,the Raleigh RSP one is exactly the same,as is the claudbutler one,but planet x are giving there's away at that price!

potsy

Rambler
Amazon, smart lunar r2 £20 brightest light youll ever see
Not sure you can say it's the brightest but they are decent lights.
I recently bought a couple of the usb rechargeable version when they were £12ish, one on the rear rack and another on the right hand seat stay.

Sara_H

Guru
I've got a variety of different lights on different bikes.
We've got some Phart beeps, excellent for the money, never had one break down.
I've got a cateye reflex on my brompton, excellent light and also has a built in reflector.
On my sit up and beg, in addition to my Phart beep I've got a string of battery operated red fairy lights wrapped around and across the rear legs of my pannier rack!
I also run at least two red lights, in case one fails without my knowledge.

DrLex

merely the moocher
Those phart rear lights are excellent [...] planet x are giving there's away at that price!

Bought four (2 x bleep, 2 x booster - names that resonate with older members who had Blue Peter Annuals) when they were 99p ea. a couple of years back - all still going strong.

shadow master

Another vote for the phaart, brackets are garbage though
Yeah the weakness of so many lights, that annoying plastic jubilee clip style that slips a thread just as you snug it up!

Crankarm

Guru
I have a 2x half watt (phart from planet x ) on the seatpost
LIPHBPDRL_P1.jpg

and a standard smart polaris r7 on each pannier as well
smart-polaris-r7-rear-light.jpg

I had both of these until I saw the light.

I now have an Exposure Red Eye running off one their triple cell batteries. It is bright and the battery only needs recharging poss every three months?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have an RSP rechargeable rear light on the seatpost, which is set to hop from one side to the other, a Moon Gem 1.0 below that which is set to steady, a reflective LED armband around my right ankle and the Lidl helmet came with a useful LED rear light attached.

I also have little flashy red inserts in the bar ends. Reflective panels on clothing are very useful. I drove up behind a rider with a fully reflective backpack cover & reflective strips on his tights, these were very good.

I am more worried about cars pulling out in front of me, than being hit from behind, despite having an XP300 on medium on the bars, and a flashy Gem 1.0 on the helmet.

DWiggy

Über Member
I have a Moon shield on strobe pointed so it doesn't blind the cars behind (this is a very powerful little light I cannot recommend it enough) along with a separate generic battery powered rear light on solid, I also have a luminous rain cover on my backpack which is on in all weathers and I seem to get nice wide passes (most of the time anyway)

Both fitted to the seat post

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I have a Moon shield on strobe pointed so it doesn't blind the cars behind (this is a very powerful little light I cannot recommend it enough) along with a separate generic battery powered rear light on solid, I also have a luminous rain cover on my backpack which is on in all weathers and I seem to get nice wide passes (most of the time anyway)

Both fitted to the seat post
Don't use it on strobe, even if the light isn't pointing at you, it is highly distracting and disorientating.

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Not sure you can say it's the brightest but they are decent lights.
I recently bought a couple of the usb rechargeable version when they were £12ish, one on the rear rack and another on the right hand seat stay.

I can, i looked into it once, and now i own a labradoor and a white stick, all my readings done with lumps and fingers !

Top Bottom