Rear lights battery cover lost.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Unlucky, Crock. I do that sort of thing all the time. Amazing vanishing trick that David Blain would be proud of. I think you will find it though.:thumbsup:

Battery problems? Call the...AA.

Davidc

Guru
If it disappeared outside the back door you should find it when you have more light and less pressure on you.

Hope it's there to welcome you home!

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Frustrating,I lost a bit of wire for my work light modification,so re-ordered a new battery box with leads for it.The lead turned up in my tool box half an hour later.

arghill

Were the batteries new and packaged ? If so, try the bin - you might have thrown the cover out with the wrapping!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sure fire, can't fail, guaranteed method that [nearly] always works for me in situations like this (and it happens more often than I care to admit) is to carefully think back through exactly what you did and retrace your steps to find the missing item.

For example:
  • You realise you can't get the battery package open by hand so went to get the scissors. The missing cover is in the cutlery draw.
  • The meter reading guy came mid job so you showed him the electricity meter. Try looking in the cupboard under the stairs.
  • It was raining and your socks got wet while you was faffing about outside so you nip back upstairs to the bedroom to change socks. The battery cover will obviously be in the second draw of the freezer with those car keys you have spent the last 2 months searching for (believe me, it will :whistle:).
Just think carefully and all will become clear.......

Maz

Guru
I told you you'd find it!
My light (Smart 0.5W) currently has a mind of its own in the wet weather. Switches itself on and off whenever it feels like it. Drives me nuts - water must be gettig in. :wacko: Vaseline or selotape to sort it I reckon.

lozcs

Guru
I told you you'd find it!
My light (Smart 0.5W) currently has a mind of its own in the wet weather. Switches itself on and off whenever it feels like it. Drives me nuts - water must be gettig in. :wacko: Vaseline or selotape to sort it I reckon.

My Smart (1W) does the same when out in heavy rain for a few days until it drys out. I've put some electrical tape around the edge so hopefully won't happen again.

Reactions: Maz

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
[QUOTE 2073468, member: 1314"]FOUND IT!!!!!!!It was in the kitchen drawer with all the batteries.

Where I went wrong is that it's not actually black. It's grey. So not only was it easily camouflaged but I was looking for the wrong colour thing. It looked black in the morning dark.[/quote]

Ha ha! Like that bit of wire with connector I lost and turned up when I don't think I was looking for it,either that or I had a brainwave.

Top Bottom