Rear mudguard protective strip.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kell

Veteran
This is going to be a weird question given that I have one of these fitted to my own bike, but can anyone remember the name of the manufacturer of the metal protective strips that fit to the rear mudguard?

someone at work was asking me about it, and I cannot think where I bought it from. And a Google has just revealed replacement mudguards.

Thanks

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Ah. Got it.

i found the link in this forum. Weird that Google didn’t get it.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/frames/milian-plablo-mudguard-reinforcement-bar-for-folding-bike/

What I do remember from fitting it is that it needed some fettling to fit.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ah. Got it.

i found the link in this forum. Weird that Google didn’t get it.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/frames/milian-plablo-mudguard-reinforcement-bar-for-folding-bike/

What I do remember from fitting it is that it needed some fettling to fit.
Something that I never new existed! I read the reviews at SJS and it seems forewarned is forearmed with the fitting procedure. We've been lucky so far with our Brommies with the stock mudguards ( and I retrofitted a rack to one of them ) Two of ours have aluminium guards which are a lot more robust.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
I think I'm pretty heavy handed with my bike. It gets (or it got when I was commuting regularly) folded at least twice a day - very often in a rush which means I don't take that much care when flicking he wheel under or when lifting it on to the train.

I went through two mudguards before fitting the strip and it's been fine ever since. Weirdly, the first one lasted about 3 1/2 years before cracking and that was probably subjected to more stress as I also had to put the bike in the back of the car and it was a very tight fit to get in.

The replacement mudguard lasted about 6 months.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I had mudguards (fenders to me) on my Brompton but the front one cracked, and since it rarely rains here I took them off and enjoy the incredible speed boost ensuing from the weight loss .
I’ve got titanium mudguard stays on one of our Brommies, must save ooh, in the region of 7 grammes 😉

Top Bottom