Rear rack issues liv flourish bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snappycat

Hi all, hoping someone can advise. I have what I think is a liv flourish bike (or at least partly!) I want to fit a Basil cento basket to the back but need a rear rack and I cant find anything that will fit. Friend fitted a rack for me but the stays are too short which tilts the rack forward. Basket i want to fit is pretty large! I have been unable to find a rack with long enough stays. Have looked at seat post racks as a solution but the seat post is too thick 😂 Can anyone advise - google has failed me!

IMG_20230612_163546547_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
snappycat

snappycat

IMG_20230730_083639.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

cyberknight

heres a thought , not strictly for panniers but seen this an anti sway mount for big saddle bags that attaches to the saddle rails , the non rubberished version has holes in it that you might be able to bodge the rack arms too ?, as the weight is taken by the lower arms it should be ok .

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rhinowalk-Bikepacking-Saddle-Stabilizer-Mounting/dp/B09KRKBHQF/ref=asc_df_B09KRKBHQF/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=570429856727&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1854837630611227447&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006888&hvtargid=pla-1604065681350&th=1

6182NeGHKRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

PaulSB

Legendary Member
i think @snappycat says the stays are at maximum already ?
you can get extra long rack stays dependant on the model of the rack , you can also get a rack that mounts to your seat stays but is expensive and you would have to make sure it can take your basket ?
https://road.cc/content/review/100184-thule-pack-n-pedal-tour-rack
View attachment 700931

She said the stays are too short, I don't think they're adjustable. I think the rack needs levelling. It's a five minute job to check before going to the expense of buying something else. I've a similar style of rack and mine will pivot at the point where its attached to frame to allow leveling.

cyberknight

Attachments

• carrera vanquish.jpg
    carrera vanquish.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 16

cyberknight

She said the stays are too short, I don't think they're adjustable. I think the rack needs levelling. It's a five minute job to check before going to the expense of buying something else. I've a similar style of rack and mine will pivot at the point where its attached to frame to allow leveling.

i dont think you can get the rack level as the arms are too short to allow it to do so and connect to the arms to the frame ?
of course if you have the same rack you would know more

OP
OP
snappycat

snappycat

Apologies, only just had a notification to say I had received a reply 😂 First time ive used pi since leaving school but have measured seat post and ordered a clamp which i think will solve the problem - stays wont need to be so long this way. Odd that racks with seat clamps come in one size but you can buy seat clamps separately that are larger!! Many thanks for the suggestions 👍

Top Bottom