1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear View Monitor

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yorkshiregoth, 27 Dec 2007.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

2. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Not convinced that a TV on your bars is a good idea. Right up there with those stupid dash mounted TVs (oh, sorry, they're called satnavs apparently) for people who can't get from A to B without having their hand held.

3. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Is it more distracting than a rear view mirror in a car?

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Exactly. Good idea if you commute through city streets. I suppose the DVD player bolts to the bottle cage bosses?

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I trust my ears

6. You can see with your ears? :?:

7. col

col Veteran

:?:

I suppose its just a high tech rear view mirror,nothing wrong with a quick look every now and then?

8. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

yea, but do you really wanna see an 18 wheeler coming up your rear? bet it looks well more scarey on the screen, more than if you just turned your head and saw it. this thing would make you paranoid.

9. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

If you can't look over your shoulder whilst holding a line, you really need to learn to.

Now.

I can teach you if you like. £1K + expenses. Could save yer life.

10. buddha

buddha Veteran

Nice toy.
    But it needs a display on the back to tell the driver that you have seen them;)

11. andygates

andygates New Member

Damn sight more nickable.

12. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Good point.

Let's face it though, you'd buy this for commuter racing. Just think how nice it would be to overtake another cyclist then not have to pedal like a loon for the next two miles just because you're paranoid he might still be drafting you, but can't possibly let him see you look back to check.

13. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

:tongue:
    Harsh but completely true.

14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

You can do that with one finger.

15. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i'd point the camera bit on the other direction... just to see how big my arse really looked :smile: