Rear wheel & cadence wireless computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Hi,

Is there a wireless bike computer available that will take the reading off the back wheels and also give a cadence reading?

I have seen a few computers but none of them mention about rear wheel mounting. xx(

It needs to be wireless as I don't have any rear brake cable to mount a wire to as all my bikes cables are internally routed and I'd rather not wrap wire around the frame. :biggrin:

Cheers

Steve

gavintc

Guru
Have a look at this one. My wife had one on her bike, but it went wrong after a year. So she swapped it for a Cateye wired one.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...5&N=Cateye CC HR200DW Wireless Cycle Computer

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Cheers for the link.
I'm not after a heart rate monitor though. Just rear wheel reading and cadence.
Its not looking good....I can't find a single one.

gavintc

Guru
I use a wired cateye (the previous model to the Strada) and it works fine. But it does demand that a wire travels from the chain stay under the BB and then up to the handlebar. I have the wired secured with some cable ties.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

fossyant said:
That's why I've never gone cadence and stuff - too many wires or big receivers....

If you find one, let us all know !!!!

I have been pointed in the direction of the Cateye V3.
It is wireless, will do cadence, speed (plus all the usual bits n bobs) and it has a heart rate monitor....not that Im after that....but it has it anyway.

I just need to know if the V3 takes the speed reading off the back wheel....if it does then bingo....I'll knab one for me. :biggrin:
The Cateye website isn't clear as to the location the speed reading is taken from.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Cheers Crackle. :biggrin:

Just had a nose at the V3 instructions.
TBH....for the extra £10 it's worth having the heart rate monitor.
£90 form Cycle Store :biggrin:

Roll on April payday.....I'll have to wait until then.

Top Bottom