Rear Wheel dishing on 9spd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Currently without a rear wheel after todays ride, I have an old rear wheel that was 9spd. I tried the 10spd cassette on it but not fitting however I never swapped the freehub over. Before I start stripping or even buy a spare 10spd freehub , anyone tried similar?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Before I start stripping or even buy a spare 10spd freehub , anyone tried similar?

Am not sure why your 10 speed cassette won't go on the 9 speed wheel unless one is Campag splined while the other is Shimano/sram splined. See this. If that is the case whether a freehub can be swapped in depends on the hubs.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
can see the hub is thicker inboard, however still doesn`t explain why it would not tighten on the freehub with no spacer??

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
can see the hub is thicker inboard, however still doesn`t explain why it would not tighten on the freehub with no spacer??

Are you sure it is not a stuck spacer? Afaik all 10 speed Shimano/sram cassettes, even the deep spline ones, can go on 8/9 speed hubs. Spacer requirement does depend on what make/model hub you have. The table at the bottom of this covers some of them.

Top Bottom