Rear wheel slipping off frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeWakefield03

Hi, I've recently been experiencing a lot of problems with my rear wheel.
Whenever I put a lot of force the wheel slips off the frame and I don't know what to do! If it helps, my bike is a voodoo Bantu 2016 mtb!
Thanks for your help.

Sounds like the quick release skewer isn't tight enough. Undo the lever, which should be on the left side, and tighten the nut on the opposite side a quarter- or half-turn and do it back up again. QR's don't need to be super-hard to open and close (i.e. don't over-tighten them) but there should be a decent amount of resistance to undoing the lever.

gbb

Legendary Member
With no experience of that particular bike I'd start with the basiçs.
Remove your skewer, inspect it, make sure nothing's broken and the threads look ok on the axle and in the nuts. Have the nuts still got the (usual) serrations to grip the drop out side plates.
Inspect the side plates of the drop outs, Are they damaged in any way .
Skewer tight ? Undo the locking handle on one side then lock it again. Is a reasonable amount of force needed to lock it ? Try the front QR to see how much force that needs to lock.
If not, unlock it one side, use the arm to tighten it half a turn and lock again, just keep increasing the tension bit by bit until it's tight.

Top Bottom