Rear Wheel vibration !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi had a vibration going through frame of my Catrike 700, seemed worse on cobbled affect cycle path? spun rear wheel and you could see it was a problem somewhere as if it was,nt balanced properly!, Gave Ian [wheels NV ] a call and he drove up to me the same day. He brought a new 700cc wheel with him and was going to swap them over , but decided to to take off the orange plastic deflector and " Hey Presto " NO MORE VIBRATION !! Just a thought has anyone had this problem before.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Thanks for sharing. For those wanting to keep the reflectors, I guess another one installed at the opposite position would balance things out. Am surprised the mass of a reflector was enough to throw it out.

CamPhil

I like the tubular scotchlite spoke reflectors that come in packs of 36, just right for a wheel (or a bike if you do alternate spokes). Each one is 78mm long and they almost completely surround the spoke they are fitted to.
They are extremely effective, very light (in both senses of the word), and don't affect the balance of the wheel in the slightest.
If every spoke is equipped they even meet the German StVZO k~699 wheel reflector standard.

Apologies for the source I've linked to (I stocked up on Crivit brand ones the last time they appeared in a well known German owned supermarket at a quarter of the price), but this will at least show you which type I mean: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_784271_langId_-1_categoryId_165636

Top Bottom