Rear Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I've just bought the wheelset at £37.50 - I had the item in the basket for some time.
PS: Just tested it again with the same wheelset - the code worked.

I must have done it wrong , worked this time cheers

EDIT plz confirm they are normal 130 mm spaced hubs road caliper .....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gummo

Gummo

I must have done it wrong , worked this time cheers
Excellent news!

cyberknight

This is why I initiated the original post - I can't understand the technical stuff.

I have sent a msg to @DCLane , whos going to check his set just in case .it might be as i said the original advert is for a selection of wheels .
Looking at the specs the alexrim at400 is a fairly "old" standard with narrow rims so it should be ok fingers crossed

OP
OP
Gummo

Gummo

My bike's from 2014 and I'm fairly old myself (65). :smile:

cyberknight

My bike's from 2014 and I'm fairly old myself (65). :smile:

haha !
The bike im thinking of is similar spec 2011 , the quoted weight of 1600 grams should make it fly !
I do have another set of superstar elite 24s on the summer bike which i ordered over 6 years ago that are still going strong

Attachments

• IMG_20200504_174919633.jpg
    IMG_20200504_174919633.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 7

Ajax Bay

Guru
I've just bought the wheelset at £37.50 - I had the item in the basket for some time.
PS: Just tested it again with the same wheelset - the code worked.
EDIT plz confirm they are normal 130 mm spaced hubs road caliper .....
Eek, haven't a clue - here's hoping.
This is why I initiated the original post - I can't understand the technical stuff.
Not clear if you read my post trying to help you appreciate (if not understand) that it's not simple.
According to the product page @DCLane shared the rims have a braking surface (for rim brakes) and the internal rim width is 15mm, so max 32mm tyres (like the OP's current ones - see image). And double butted spokes (28 or 32) with brass nipples (tick).
Ref the 1.8mm spacer, it'd be worth taking the current cassette off and checking what spacer is there: if two: happy days. Otherwise LBS, I suggest or: Spa Cycles
But the hubs:
"The Road2 range of hubs are the perfect balance of strength, weight and performance for road riding. Designed with durability in mind, the oversize axle and large PCD flanges give better spoke angles [assume 135mm OLD] than lesser hubsets for stiffer and stronger wheel builds. Screw on endcaps and oversize 15mm thru axles for rigidity and superior performance for front hubs. Oversize SKF custom bearings and 17mm axle gives epic durability to the rear hub . . . "

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've checked both sets I bought and they appear to be the same; the Pave 28 (expensive) set have the same marks and weight as the AlexRims 28 set (cheap). They're both rim brake with the same QR hub, just with the sticker changed for anodising.

OP
OP
Gummo

Gummo

Not clear if you read my post trying to help you appreciate (if not understand) that it's not simple.
According to the product page @DCLane shared the rims have a braking surface (for rim brakes) and the internal rim width is 15mm, so max 32mm tyres (like the OP's current ones - see image). And double butted spokes (28 or 32) with brass nipples (tick).
Ref the 1.8mm spacer, it'd be worth taking the current cassette off and checking what spacer is there: if two: happy days. Otherwise LBS, I suggest or: Spa Cycles
But the hubs:
"The Road2 range of hubs are the perfect balance of strength, weight and performance for road riding. Designed with durability in mind, the oversize axle and large PCD flanges give better spoke angles [assume 135mm OLD] than lesser hubsets for stiffer and stronger wheel builds. Screw on endcaps and oversize 15mm thru axles for rigidity and superior performance for front hubs. Oversize SKF custom bearings and 17mm axle gives epic durability to the rear hub . . . "

There is no spacer so thanks for the link. I just then need to get some rim tape as they don't come with any.

Top Bottom