Rebuilding my Scott into a...Scott!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Picked up my new-to-me Scott S50 frame and fork yesterday. It's a 2010 frame and looks unused, bar some minor storage marks. NOS, even. New headset and bearings, new hanger, even new bar tape for the included bars. These will be moved on, along with the matching stem.
Will try and make a start this morning, which will be stripping down the old Scott. Tomorrow's weather forecast is favourable also, so hope to make good progress.
And it's red. So it will go faster.
:biggrin:

A picture paints a thousand words :okay:

20240417_115018.jpg

20240417_115314.jpg

20240417_120512.jpg

20240417_121433.jpg

20240417_122933.jpg

20240417_130947.jpg

And that's where it is until I can sort the front brake. Will pop in to Rockin' Bikes in Yelverton in a bit. They're Scott agents, so if there are any little bits I need to attach the brake, then hopefully they will be in a box somewhere...

And Rockin' Bikes came through! I should be up and running by the end of the day tomorrow, earlier if I don't need more cables or other bits and bobs.

I thought you might approve! And its failed predecessor Carrera frame was also mightily red. So win-win. It feels a bit like I've managed to cross my old Trek 800 with the Scott that broke. I've got a good feeling about this... (to coin a phrase...)
:biggrin:

Hope it matches your expectations. And that you get many happy miles on it. :smile:

NO!!!!! Don't clamp it by the top tube - get a seat post in and clamp on that.
That is a very lairy shade of red *approves*
Have you sourced a longer brake nut?
Why not? Metal frame, and tend to keep it balanced as much as I can. Also, spinal limitations mean that a level machine is more comfortable to work on. Only downside is the back brake cable run, but that can be managed too. Longer nut ready to go!

Top Bottom