RECALL on some Schwalbe recall Ultremo R tires

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Schwalbe Issues Notice on Ultremo R Tires

1243468716UltremoR_picture1.JPG

Schwalbe is issuing a notice on some of its Ultremo R tires due to bulging. Due to a mistake in the manufacturing process, the affected tires' carcass layer haven't been sufficiently rubberized.

In some of the tires after only a short time in use the fault becomes clearly visible, shown by a bulge due to the carcass layers becoming disconnected. In no case should Ultremo R tires that exhibit this phenomenon continue to be used. The tires need to be replaced immediately. Not doing so may lead to a catastrophic failure, as the carcass layer can chafe through, consequently causing the inner tube to burst.

If you notice this bulge while riding, under no circumstance should you continue at speed. It is suggested that the air pressure is reduced to the minimum recommended while riding at low speed and with great care.

Schwalbe offers a straightforward replacement service: send a photo of the Ultremo R showing the defect phenomenon as well as a photo of the production code that is to be found on the inside of the tire to this special e-mail address: ultremo@schwalbe.com. A replacement will be dispatched immediately.

iLB

Hello there
ahh yes this happened to me, got my new ones nice and promptly

begun riding through france, to find that a few days in at lunch a bulge in the rear tyre *AGAIN*, and the outer rubber casing had come off :ohmy: :ohmy: i think i want my money back this time schwalbe - currrently running conti gp4000 - not impressed with schwalbes at all...

ilovebikes said:
ahh yes this happened to me, got my new ones nice and promptly

begun riding through france, to find that a few days in at lunch a bulge in the rear tyre *AGAIN*, and the outer rubber casing had come off :smile: :biggrin: i think i want my money back this time schwalbe - currrently running conti gp4000 - not impressed with schwalbes at all...

+1

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Interesting. A few weeks back on our big-boys bike ride my pal's Schwalbe tyre on his new Cayo blew-out, but at the rim, the carcase just came away from the wire. Wonder if it's related?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Funnily enough, I noticed that the tread on my front Schwalbe Stelvio Evolution tyre was coming away from the carcass the other week. Front and rear are constructed differently, and rear is unaffected.

The tyres are 8 months old, so I contacted the dealer I bought them from in Ireland regarding replacement under warranty. He said I'd have to send them both back to be sent on for inspection by Schwalbe. I'm happy to do that, but I'd have to buy ANOTHER set of tyres to put on whilst they're away, so I'm tempted not to bother and write them off as a bad buy.

Go straight to Schwalbe it is a lot faster.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
spandex said:
Go straight to Schwalbe it is a lot faster.

Cheers Spandex - think I might do that. I'll send them some clear photos of the problem and see what they say. They might be happy to issue replacements without waiting for the tyres back, especially if I can prove when I bought them.

Top Bottom