Recent warm weather and sleepless nights......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just in contrast to the @gavroche Who's Hibernating thread thought I would just throw this in....

Spent nearly an hour this morning searching around my house and neighbours gardens!. For the last couple of nights it has been warmer :heat: so we went back to sleeping with a window open and all I could hear all bloody night was a regular beeping every few minutes :cursing:. It isn't very clear during the day as the bird song and urban rumble does a lot to mask it but in the quiet hours of the night it sounds like it is right outside the window.
Sounded a lot like it was coming from next door who have been away for a few days so I thought it could be a smoke alarm with a flat battery that has just started to give a warning. Everytime I got in their garden it would sound like it was miles away but everytime I went off in direction of the noise it would sound like it was back in their house/garden. I know most of the neighbours pretty well except nextdoor-but-one who are really quiet & private and have only been on the street a couple of years. Looked like they have also gone away but fortunately the old dear just past them let me lift a fence panel to get into the nextdoor-but-one garden. Lo and behold, there on the garden table was a CO2 alarm merrily beeping away. Barstewards! It must have been annoying them so they shoved it in the garden then eff'd off for a couple of days break. I'll be having a word when they get back......

And hasn't this recent warm weather been a pain. I'm thinking about taking the winter duvet back off, sleeping starkers is still too hot :eek:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You should try sleeping here! Thankfully we have AC so its not a problem especially as there's a problem with our mater which means were not getting billed. Just as well as electricity costs went up recently by 50%.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just in contrast to the @gavroche Who's Hibernating thread thought I would just throw this in....

Spent nearly an hour this morning searching around my house and neighbours gardens!. For the last couple of nights it has been warmer :heat: so we went back to sleeping with a window open and all I could hear all bloody night was a regular beeping every few minutes :cursing:. It isn't very clear during the day as the bird song and urban rumble does a lot to mask it but in the quiet hours of the night it sounds like it is right outside the window.
Sounded a lot like it was coming from next door who have been away for a few days so I thought it could be a smoke alarm with a flat battery that has just started to give a warning. Everytime I got in their garden it would sound like it was miles away but everytime I went off in direction of the noise it would sound like it was back in their house/garden. I know most of the neighbours pretty well except nextdoor-but-one who are really quiet & private and have only been on the street a couple of years. Looked like they have also gone away but fortunately the old dear just past them let me lift a fence panel to get into the nextdoor-but-one garden. Lo and behold, there on the garden table was a CO2 alarm merrily beeping away. Barstewards! It must have been annoying them so they shoved it in the garden then eff'd off for a couple of days break. I'll be having a word when they get back......

And hasn't this recent warm weather been a pain. I'm thinking about taking the winter duvet back off, sleeping starkers is still too hot :eek:
You sleep!

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I bet that's an almost fulltime job for her.
I just showed her your reply. She said you must have more sense than she ever gave you credit for :tongue:

Top Bottom